How to Clean Silicone Bongs? – Step-By-Step DIY Guide
Silicone bongs are a popular choice for smoking cannabis because they are easy to clean and don’t produce any harmful toxins. However, it is important to clean them regularly to prevent build-up and ensure that they remain in good condition.
What Is a Silicone Bong?
- What Is a Silicone Bong?
- Why Clean a Silicone Bong?
- Pros and Cons
- How to Clean a Silicone Bong? – Step by Step
- Step 1. Remove the bowl and downstem from the bong
- Step 2. Rinse the bong with warm water
- Step 3. Fill the bong with rubbing alcohol and let it sit for a few minutes
- Step 4. Use a bong brush or a cotton swab to scrub the inside of the bong
- Step 5. Rinse the bong again with warm water
- Step 6. Let the bong air dry or dry it with a clean towel
- Step 7. Replace the bowl
You’re not alone if you’ve never heard the term silicone clogged bong before. A silicone bong is a relatively new invention that is made from silicone, which is a non-toxic and heat-resistant material. Silicone is often used in baking and is a common ingredient in kitchenware because of its heat-resistant properties.
Silicone bongs are relatively new to the market, but they are becoming increasingly popular because they are a safer alternative to traditional bongs, which are often made from glass. Silicone is non-toxic, meaning that it won’t release any harmful chemicals into your smoke, and it is also heat-resistant and won’t shatter if it gets too hot.
Silicone bongs are also very durable and can be easily cleaned and maintained. They are a good option for people who are looking for a durable and safe bong that is easy to clean.
Why Clean a Silicone Bong?
If you’re a proud owner of a silicone bong, you know that these bad boys are practically indestructible. But just because they’re durable doesn’t mean you can neglect cleaning silicone pipes. In fact, it’s important to clean your bong regularly to prevent the build-up of resin and bacteria.
It is pretty easy to clean a silicone bong and only requires a few materials that most people already have around the house. All you need is some hot water, dish soap, and a brush or cleaning tool that can reach the inside of the bong.
Pros and Cons
One of the biggest pros of using a silicone bong is that they are incredibly easy to clean. Unlike bongs made out of glass or metal, you don’t have to worry about silicone bongs breaking if you drop them. They are also dishwasher safe, so you can easily clean them without any hassle.
However, there are also some cons to using silicone bongs. One of the biggest cons is that they can retain odors more easily than other materials. If you are using your bong for smoking cannabis, then the last thing you want is for it to smell like weed.
How to Clean a Silicone Bong? – Step by Step
It is important to keep your bong clean for both health reasons and to ensure that it functions properly. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to clean silicone with alcohol:
Step 1. Remove the bowl and downstem from the bong
If you’re new to bongs, the process of removing the bowl and stem may seem a bit daunting. But don’t worry – it’s actually quite simple!
1. Start by unscrewing the bowl from the stem. If your bong has a ball-and-socket joint, simply twist the bowl counterclockwise to loosen it.
2. Once the bowl is loose, gently pull it out of the stem.
3. To remove the stem, simply hold it in one hand and twist the bong clockwise with the other. The stem should come right out.
Step 2. Rinse the bong with warm water
Rinse each part of the bongo under running warm water.
Step 3. Fill the bong with rubbing alcohol and let it sit for a few minutes
Soaking a bong in alcohol is a great way to clean it and get rid of any resin or build-up. Here’s how to do it:
1. Pour some alcohol into a container that is big enough to fit your bong.
2. Place your bong in the container.
3. Cover the bong with alcohol.
Step 4. Use a bong brush or a cotton swab to scrub the inside of the bong
Gently use a soft brush to clean all areas of the bong.
Step 5. Rinse the bong again with warm water
Repeat step 2.
Step 6. Let the bong air dry or dry it with a clean towel
It can dry in the air for about 3 hours.
Step 7. Replace the bowl
Replace the bowl and downstem, and your bong is ready to use!
When cleaning your bong, you should always make sure to get all of the resin and resin build-up out. This is because the resin can cause the bong to taste bad and also be harmful to your health.
Here are some tips to get your bong sparkling clean in no time:
- To get rid of any stubborn residue, you can use a pipe cleaner or cotton swab to scrub the inside of the bong.
- Use a mild soap and water mixture.
- Store the bong in a dry place.
How often should you clean your silicone bong?
This will depend on how often you use your bong and how dirty it gets. Silicone is a very easy material to clean, so you may only need to clean it once a week or once a month.
What are the benefits of cleaning your silicone bong regularly?
Cleaning your silicone bong regularly has many benefits, including:
- A clean silicone bong will produce better flavor and a smoother hit than a dirty one.
- Cleaning your silicone bong will help to prevent resin build-up, which can make it difficult to smoke from and can be difficult to clean.
- Cleaning your silicone bong will help to keep it in good condition and will increase its lifespan.
What are some common cleaning mistakes people make when cleaning their bongs?
Some people do not clean their bongs often enough, which can lead to a build-up of resin and another residue. This can affect the taste and quality of cannabis smoke and can also be a breeding ground for bacteria.
Another common mistake is using harsh chemicals or abrasives to clean the bong. This can damage the bong and affect the taste and quality of the smoke.
Overall, silicone is a great material for bongs because it’s non-stick, shatter-proof, and easy to clean. But even silicone can get dirty over time, and if it’s not cleaned regularly, it can start to smell bad and even harbor bacteria.